ABOUT THE AFRICAN AMERICAN ART EXHIBITION
The 25th African American Art Exhibition at Actors Theatre of Louisville will run from January 8 through February 17, 2019. The exhibition is not theme-specific and accepts submissions from a variety of art forms. Actors Theatre is a not-for-profit professional regional theatre located in the heart of downtown Louisville, Kentucky. Over 20,000 theatre and arts patrons view the exhibition, which has become a popular highlight of the region’s visual arts season.
RULES FOR ENTRY SUBMISSIONS
1. Artists submitting to the exhibition should self-identify as descendants of the African diaspora.
2. Artwork should be properly matted, framed and in ready-to-hang condition, if applicable. NOTE: The Roanne H. Victor Gallery cannot support any artwork that has an installation requiring mounting to a wall for display.
3. Mixed media artwork and sculptures must weigh no more than 75 pounds and must be no more than 7 feet tall. Artists may submit work with special display requirements only if artist is available to install and remove. NOTE: The Roanne H. Victor Gallery reserves the right to refuse any work that presents complex installation problems and/or is not acceptable for presentation.
4. All artwork must be original.
5. All artwork must be available for display and sale during the exhibition.
6. Up to six works may be submitted per artist with one slide/image for each two-dimensional piece. Three different views (slides/images) must be submitted for any three-dimensional piece. NOTE: Submission imagery needs to be high-res (300dpi) if submitted digitally. Please see “Image Presentation” information below.
7. 50-word artist biography and 50-word artist statement must be included with entry.
8. All entries are REQUIRED to include full contact information (name, address, phone number and email).
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
Mail Entry Packet to:
African American Art Exhibition
c/o Laura Humble
Actors Theatre of Louisville
316 West Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202-4218
Email Entry Information to:
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
NOTE: Actors Theatre reserves the right to refuse any work that does not meet these requirements.