Online conversation and discussion of the film will take place at 7:30pm on Zoom, and will be facilitated by Dr. Helena Woodard, University Texas at Austin.
Date: Thursday, August 6, 2020
Time: 7:30-8:30 PM
Please register by Wednesday, August 5 at 5:00PM to receive the FREE Zoom link for the film conversation. The link to the Zoom meet-up will be sent the morning of August 6.
Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am (2019) is an artful and intimate meditation on the legendary storyteller. The film examines the life, works and the powerful themes Toni Morrison confronted throughout her literary career.
Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am and director Timothy Greenfield-Sanders have won numerous awards including the Black Film Critics Circle Award for Best Documentary and the NAACP’s Image Award for Outstanding Documentary.
The film is available for home viewing through the following library services and streaming platforms:
- Hoopla streaming video (free with Austin Public Library card)
- Overdrive streaming video (free digital copy available with Austin Public Library card)
- DVD can also be reserved and picked up using curbside service at select branches of the Austin Public Library.
- Hulu (free with subscription)
- Amazon Prime Video (rental or purchase required)
Image of Toni Morrison is Courtesy of Public Domain